CSBI Legal Disclaimer
All reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that the contents of this website are accurate and error free. However, it is always possible that errors exist, both typographical and in content. Therefore, the information provided herein should be used only as a guide and not as the sole source of reference.
The authors, advisors, and publishers shall have neither liability nor responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any loss, damage, or injury caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by any information contained in or omitted from this website.
CSBI Trademark Usage Guidelines
Trademark Usage Requirements:
You acknowledge in whole or in part that CSBI is the sole owner of the trademarks and promise that you will not interfere with the trademark rights of CSBI, including challenging CSBI’s use of, registration of, or application to register such trademarks, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any CSBI trademark. The goodwill derived from using any part of any CSBI trademark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to CSBI.
You may not use CSBI trademarks in any way that suggests that CSBI is the source of the goods or services that you offer or create the impression, directly or indirectly, that CSBI sponsors or endorses any product or service without CSBI’s prior written consent.
To avoid misleading the public, do not use CSBI trademarks as part of your company, product, service name or adjacent to a business name. CSBI trademarks must not appear more prominently than your company title and logo. Do not use CSBI trademarks as backgrounds or watermarks. You may not use any CSBI Trademark as any part of an Internet domain name, website name, letterhead, e-mail address, or metatag.
You may not use any name, logo, or symbol that is confusingly similar to a CSBI Trademark.
Your use of the CSBI trademarks must not reflect unfavorably on CSBI and its products or services.
CSBI Trademarks & Other
“CSBI”, “CenterSBI”, “CentereSBI.com”, “CBA”, “Certified Board Advisor”, “CBA Exam Prep Course”, “CSBI BoardWatch Newsletter”, “CSBI BoardWatch Journal”, “Association of Certified Board Advisors”, “ACBA”, “ACBA.com”, the CSBI Seal, the CSBI Logo and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of the Center for Strategic Business Integrity LLC, and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
CSBI may terminate your membership or take legal action if it finds that you have violated any of the Trademark Usage Requirements. In addition, CSBI may terminate your right to use any CSBI trademark if: (i) CSBI finds that you have violated any of the Usage Requirements; or (ii) CSBI determines that you are using a CSBI trademark without authorization. Your right to use any CSBI trademark automatically terminates when your CSBI membership terminates or expires. You agree to cooperate with CSBI if it becomes necessary for CSBI to take any action to enforce any of its rights in any of the Licensed Trademarks.
Use of CSBI trademarks in print, multi-media, advertising, promotional material, on clothing or other merchandise requires the express permission of CSBI.
CSBI – Copyright Infringement Notification
To file a copyright infringement notification, you will need to send a written communication that includes the following (see Section 512(c)(3) of the U.S. Copyright Act to confirm these requirements):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works.
iii. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit CSBI to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit CSBI to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Such written notice should be sent to us via the e-mail address given below.
If the notice of alleged copyright infringement has been filed against you, you can file a counter notice with CSBI at the address below. All counter notifications must satisfy the following (see 512(g)(3) of the U.S. Copyright Act to confirm these requirements).
- A) A physical or electronic signature of the alleged infringer.
- (B) Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location before removal.
iii. (C) A statement under penalty of perjury that the alleged infringer has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled
- (D) The alleged infringer’s name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the alleged infringer consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the alleged infringer’s address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which CSBI may be found, and that the alleged infringer will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the claimed infringement under Section 512(c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.
Please be advised that under Section 512(f) of the U.S. Copyright Act, anyone who knowingly makes misrepresentations regarding alleged copyright infringement may be liable to CSBI, the alleged infringer and/or the affected copyright owner for any damages incurred in connection with the removal, blocking and/or replacement of allegedly infringing material.
Please also be advised that CSBI enforces a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of the accounts members and other account holders who are repeat infringers.
Our policy applies solely to information collected by this website. We will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
CSBI is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request CSBI will not release your contact information without your permission or subject to a valid legal order.
Your Access to and Control over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the e-mail address or phone number given below
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the web site, your information is protected both online and off-line.
CSBI uses outside vendors such as PayPal to process credit card payments. Such activities are subject to the privacy policies of the credit card processors. The credit card processor does not share any credit card information with CSBI other than information necessary to process the payment. No credit card data is provided to CSBI by PayPal.
Any credit card information provided directly CSBI due to the decision by the individual not to use PayPal or other credit card processors is immediately destroyed after confirmation of payment is processed. CSBI does not maintain any digital credit card information.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information off-line. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Center for Strategic Business Integrity
Washington DC Headquarters
3032 Averley Road
Ijamsville, Maryland 21754
Phone: 301 – 865 – 1197
Fax: 301 – 865 – 1618